Our Worldschooling EcoAdventure Family Gathering will be taking place in the Krabi Province around Ao Nang. Although only a few kilometers away from the bustling toursity scene, we will explore and experience hidden natural and cultural jewels that abound all around.
As building a sense of community is one of our main objectives we strongly encourage families to stay at our gathering site:
- Spirit Mountain bungalows ($ ; ★★) Ideal for families, a peaceful, healing, natural area right at the bottom of the mountain with lots of caves and natural treasures to explore. – budget price: from $25 per night. Families may need to book 2 bungalows.
If Spirit Mountain is full we suggest the following options FYI (please consult with us before booking):
- Ao Nang Bamboo Resort ($ ; ★★) Good for families – budget price: from $23 per night. Families may need to book 2 bungalows.
- Orange Tree House Aonang ($$ ; ★★★) Good for families – midrange price. We recommend the Bungalows from $43 per night (they can add an extra single bed).
- Vipa Tropical Resort ($$ ; ★★★) Midrange price from $55 per night. Families may need to book 2 rooms.
- Anana Ecological Resort ($$$ ; ★★★★ ) Upmarket.
Please note: The last 4 accommodation options are 10 minutes by scooter, tuk tuk or shuttle from Spirit Mountain, our main gathering site.
On DAY 8 for those who choose to participate in the optional 2 day/ 1 night trip, we will be hosted by our local hosts from a traditional fishing community in Kho Klang. This will be a comfortable but basic homestay which will allow us to experience the cultural reality and warm hospitality of the locals (booked by us and included in the trip cost).
To register, please fill out our Registration Form.
Breakfasts are self catered for during the gathering (except for the Kho Klang trip where all meals are included).
At Spirit Mountain, our gathering site, breakfast is available every morning:
* THB175/USD6: adult & children 11 & up
* THB125/USD4: children 5 to 10
* Free: children 4 & under
Lunches are included in paid daily activities where stated. These lunches will be a combination of local dishes, salads, fish and other Southern Thai flavours. On the optional daily activity days where we have full-day outings, we’ll have prepared packed lunches for our trip, including sandwiches, fruit, chips and juice etc. We will make every effort to accommodate everyone’s diet restrictions including having vegetarian and gluten-free options.
Dinners: Three community dinners are included in the Spirit Mountain Community Pass. Dinners will be a combination of local cooked meals at Spirit Mountain or in local restaurants or at set locations. We will make every effort to accommodate everyone’s diet restrictions including having vegetarian and gluten-free options. All other dinners are self organised.
Please indicate any special needs on your Registration Form.